back to home rss

Friday, June 3, 2011

The Promise by Apryl Baker

*** UPDATE:  The Promise is now under contract for publication with Black Matrix Publishing ***

Armed with kick-ass shoes, can CJ stop a maniacal coven leader, save the town, and still get Mr. Melt In Your Mouth Gorgeous?

She stared at the faces around her, their expressions excited, insane. Friends, family. They all waited for her death. The smoke from the fire burned her eyes, its heat caressed her skin, the taste of fear choked her. She was going to burn just as her ancestor did all those centuries ago in New Salem Village. Nonsense she’d always called it. How could she have been so wrong about everything?

Cassie Jayne Bishop grew up the only non-believer in the town Coven. When a stranger comes to the sleepy town of New Salem, NC, everything she thought was true unraveled around her. Ethan made her question everything, even her sister’s death. Clues start to pile up and Cassie is determined to find out if the Coven was the real reason her sister died. What she uncovers terrifies her. Her fate lies in the very heart of the secret the Coven protects. It’s the reason she was born. Now, betrayed on every side, can she find a way to survive or will she be the catalyst that starts it all?

The Promise, a YA paranormal mystery and book one of The Coven series, is full of quirky, fun, fresh voices, and a romance that will make your toes curl. You’ll laugh, cry, and find yourself changing your mind more times than you can count about Mr. Melt In Your Mouth Gorgeous, right up until the very last pages. There are things you’ll never expect and times you’ll find yourself blushing, smiling, or dying of embarrassment right along with CJ. It was a wonderful tale to write and I hope you give it a chance.

If this sounds like something you’d be interested in reviewing, I’d love the opportunity to send you the full manuscript. It is complete at 67,000 words. Readers who enjoyed The House of Night series by PC & Kristen Cast and Hush by Becca Roberts Fitzpatrick will flock to Promises for its mystery, it's fun and sassy dialogue, and it's dynamic main characters.

I wrote The Promise out by hand over several months. It was an idea that popped into my head while I was driving and listening to Theory of a Dead Man's, "Not Meant To Be." I drove by a little community called New Salem and the image of a girl sitting at her sister's gravestone kept haunting me and I asked myself, why is she sitting there? I wrote the idea down on a post it note and over the next few days, I kept writing all the little ideas I had on stickies. Before I knew it I had a wall of orange, yellow, pink and purple post it notes that created an outline of a story on the wall beside my desk. I hope you will give my little post it note idea a chance.

Thank you for your time and consideration. The sample chapters and synopsis are pasted below as per your guidelines.

Sincerely,
Apryl Baker
apryl.baker@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment